If you are looking for a great new place to take a holiday, New Zealand is the place to go. Situated in the south west corner of the Pacific, New Zealand is a great holiday destination, and one of the easiest ways of touring the country, is by hiring a campervan.
Campervans are a great way to tour the country for the following reasons:-
- Your travel and accommodation is all `rolled into one’, so once you have packed away your belongings into your campervan, you are good to go. No more unpacking/packing, as you need to do when staying at a hotel.
- You can do your own cooking. Because meals in NZ are expensive, being able to use the campervan (or campervan park) kitchen is a great way to contain your travel costs.
- Flexibility and freedom of travel. When you tour the country by campervan, you don’t need to have a fixed itinerary – you can decide to vary the route and to stay longer at a particular place if you so choose.
- New Zealand road conditions make it easy to tour by campervan. On the main tourist routes, roads are 98 % sealed, and you can travel at speeds of up to 100 kilometers per hour. Some campervan hire companies prohibit you travelling on some secondary roads or beaches, but overall these are an exception. If you chose a 4 berth van or larger, then you will be wise to stay on the main tourist routes.
- Because NZ is such a relatively-small country, travel times are relatively short. For example, on a say a 21 day tour, you won’t need to be driving your campervan for more than three hours per day to see the country.
- The standard of camping grounds is very good and these are usually situated in small towns where you will enjoy a friendly family atmosphere.
- The ability to ‘freedom camp’ is a great way to experience the country’s stunning scenery `up close’, and is usually permitted as long as your campervan is self-contained. Imagine waking up to a lovely sea vista or watching the sun coming up over the Southern Alps on a crisp winter’s morning.
- Campervans are an affordable way to travel – you can hire a campervan from as low as 30 USD per day, so this makes for a very affordable holiday.
Because campervans are a very popular touring option for tourists to New Zealand, you will need to allow yourself at least a 6 week booking lead-time to avoid the disappointment of missing out.
The best way to check out the availability and prices for campervans is to go to an on-line campervan hire portal, where you can easily make your selection from a large number of different campervan companies. For cheap New Zealand campervan hire deals go to http://campers.destinationdownunder.co.nz/